Leak Site Directory
Welcome! This is a directory of official and community based sites that actively support whistleblowing / leaks about various topics.
You can edit the wiki (without having your IP address displayed) by logging with the following profile:
- Username: Anonymous
- Password: anon
In addition to maintaining this index, please help create profiles of leak sites and services. You can copy and paste the LeakSitePageTemplate to get started.
This directory is community-edited. Use your own judgment in evaluating these sites and services.
WikiLeaks-Like Whistleblowing Sites
Sites dedicated to accepting submissions of leaks and publishing them inspired by the original WikiLeaks.org concept.
- WikiLeaks - WikiLeaks website - love them or hate them - has a new submissions system
- WikiLeaks Hrvatska (Croatia) - WikiLeaks Hrvatska website
- RevenueWatch - Revenue watch official resources and documents
- PirateLeaks CZ - PirateLeaks CZ
- Balkanleaks - Balkan Leaks website
- Indoleaks - Indoleaks website - Indonesia
- IrishLeaks - IrishLeaks website - uses PGP, SSL, I2P
- FrenchLeaks - FrenchLeaks website
- EnviroLeaks - EnviroLeaks website
- RuLeaks - Russian Leak website - uses PrivacyBox.de dropbox
- QuebecLeaks - Quebec Leak website - SSL and Tor hidden services. PGP when received.
- Jumbo Leaks - Jumbo Leaks website
- ScienceLeaks - ScienceLeaks Blogspot website
- Filtradas - Filtradas website - Venezuala - PGP Key and PrivacyBox.de dropbox
- Corporate Leaks - Corporate Leaks website
- UniLeaks - UniLeaks website - has now published a PGP key and dropped Google Analytics tracking
- BaltiLeaks - website Pertaining to government and business in Baltimore, Maryland, USA - PGP Key
- WikiLeaks.si - WikiLeaks.si website - Slovenia
- LeakyMails.com - LeakyMails.com website - Argentina
- MagyarLeaks - MagyarLeaks website - Hungary - PGP Key
- KHLeaks - KHLeaks website - Korea
- MafiaLeaks MafiaLeaks website - supporting whistleblowing against organized crime
- Filtrala - Filtrala website - Spain, promoted by Associated Whistle-Blowing Press (AWP) - uses PGP, SSL, AES
- CSE Leaks - CSE Leaks website - Revelation of Controversial Deals In Sri Lanka's only capital market: Colombo Stock Exchange CSE Leaks website, the site says its intention is Purely Simple which is to reveal the 'Exclusive Deals' and 'Major Controversial Activities' in Colombo Stock Exchange that in turn affects the retailers and investing General Public of Sri Lanka - uses Drop Box and an email account for submissions
New Concept Leak Sites
Different approaches and leaking methodologies
- ExtremeLeaks.org - Leaks about extremists and extremist organisations all over the world, but in particular Middle East, North Africa and Europe - Use while operating the TOR Browser. A whistle blower site operated by the investigative center Hate Speech International. Leaks will never be published in their entirety but will be subjected to an editorial process and thorough review in order to avoid putting innocent people in harms way. Whistleblower channel runs on open source GlobaLeaks software and offers full anonymity, both IP address, meta data and identity."
- SecuriLeaks.org - Leaks about threats against global security. Primary focus on the security situation of European countries and issues related to Russia and NATO. - Use while operating the TOR Browser. This is a whistle blower site operated by a group of independent, award winning Norwegian reporters. Whistleblower channel runs on open source GlobaLeaks software and offers full anonymity, both IP address, meta data and identity. Information will always be edited in order to prevent putting innocent people in harms way."
- Office Leaks - Office Leaks website
- TradeLeaks - TradeLeaks website
- WikiSpooks - WikiSpooks website- - secure and anonymous, realistically cynical and cautiously paranoid.
- MapleLeaks - MapleLeaks website
- OpenWatch - OpenWatch.net encourages the public to use their mobile phone software to record encounters with the police and authority, then submit them for posting online.
- LectureLeaks - LectureLeaks - Use recording mobile software to record and leak university lectures. Has content already, open source.
- CorruptionWatch.org.za - Corruption Watch - South Africa - Trades Union organised, anti-corruption pledge signatures, mapping of corruption hotspots, but no security or anonymity measures for contributors or informants at all except for "Leave this field empty, if you want to stay anonymous."
- 100 Reporters - 100 Reporters Whistleblower Alley - "joins 100 of the planet’s finest professional reporters with whistle-blowers and citizen journalists across the globe, to report on corruption in all its forms.". Uses PrivacyBox.de (Tor and I2P) and publishes PGP Public Encryption keys
- WCITLeaks - WCITLeaks.org - "Bringing transparency to the ITU" - publishing leaks from the secretive United Nations - International Telecommunications Union ahead of the World Conference on International Telecommunications - SSL web form hosted on Amazon Cloud
- Publeaks - Publeaks.nl - Leak documents to the (Dutch) media securely and anonymously. The initiative is designed to protect whistleblowers, shed light on wrongdoings and encourage and support investigative journalism.
- XabarDocs - XabarDocs.org - Ukrainian anti-corruption tool that provides an opportunity to leak securely to the local investigative journalists. The tool was developed with the assistance of the Tallinn Technical University.
- (defunct as of December 2013) OpenLeaks - OpenLeaks website- experienced former WikiLeaks.org tech team but not yet a live project
- (defunct as of December 2013) IsraeliLeaks - IsraeliLeaks website
- (defunct as of December 2013) Localeaks.com - Localeaks.com website
- (defunct as of December 2013) BritiLeaks false start - BritiLeaks website - original false start: launched with less than no anonymity or security protection at all - see below for current site .
- (defunct as of December 2013) BritiLeaks - BritiLeaks website - still to be launched, but "open alpha" testing of a secure submission system and hosting mirrors of other whistleblowing websites.
- (defunct as of December 2013) MurdochLeaks - The Murdoch Leaks Project website - "will accept tips or evidence of wrong doing relating to Rupert Murdoch's affiliated institutions such as News International and News Corporation"
- (defunct as of December 2013) EccieLeaks - eccieleaks.com - "Exposing the child trafficking/child prostituting websites" - publishing the private/secret/staff forums of child prostitution advertising websites
- (defunct as of December 2013) PinoyLeaks - PinoyLeaks website
Political Denunciation / Tip Off websites
Lunatic fringe politicians and political agenda driven mainstream media organisations sometimes try to exploit genuine public fears and worries, by running public Campaigns, to "name and shame" or to anonymously denounce locally unpopular individuals or racial or religious minorities etc.
Established Leak Sites
Websites which have been publishing censored or leaked material before, or independently in parallel with WikiLeaks
- Cryptome.org - Cryptome.org website established 1996
- Mathaba.Net - Mathaba.net website established 1999, PGP/Bitmessage secure/anonymous contact available
- Public Intelligence - Public Intelligence website established 2009 - now back online in Luxembourg after server move from the Netherlands caused by "complaints" to the hosting company. Good Encryption, now no longer using Quantserve web bug tracking
- SECRET OF KOREA - secret of Korea website established 2009
- LiveLeak - video leaking site established in 2006
Mainstream Media Whistle blowing Sites
Leak Sites that are operated by the media organizations directly
- ABC News Online Investigative Unit - ABC News Online Investigative Unit "anonymous" contact form - Australian Broadcasting Corporation - not at all secure or anonymous.
- Al Jazeera Transparency Unit - Al Jazeera Transparency Unit website - not very secure or anonymous - now improved
- Radio Leaks - Radio Sweden secure submissions website Radio Sweden is a national public service radio broadcaster
- WSJ SafeHouse - Wall Street Journal secure submissions website- currently closed as of 8/13/15
- Austroleaks - AustroLeaks - KURIER - Investigative Recherche - mainstream newspaper based in Vienna, Austria
- FolhaLeaks - FolhaLeaks - Folha de S.Paulo, São Paulo, Brasil - no encryption, web form is not distinct from the main newspaper website so it betrays "anonymous" visitor details to FaceBook and to various banner advertisers etc.
- Zeit Online briefkasten - Zeit Online briefkasten - Zeit Online (Germany) - https:// encrypted submission system which strips out meta data and then uses PGP encrypted emails to the investigative journalists. "Reasonably secure" but not that anonymous - open source code mostly in python published on github. Very unusually, the Zeit Online investigative journalists and editors all have PGP Keyserver published personal PGP Encryption key links listed on the corporate website.
- SecureDrop (official directory) sites:
Environmental Protection Whistle blowing sites
Leak Sites and Organization that accept reporting about environmental issues
- Polluters Watch - Greenpace Investigation tipline
- GreenLeaks . ORG - GreenLeaks . ORG website
- GreenLeaks . COM - GreenLeaks . COM website
National Security or Serious Crime anonymous tip off / whistleblower sites
- Czech BIS - Bezpečnostní Informační Služba - Security Information Service - Counter-intelligence service of the Czech Republic
- NZ SIS - New Zealand Security Intelligence Service Public Contribution Form - no longer uses a hidden PGP key, still tracks IP address etc. and the rest of the website still tracks visitors with Google Analytics
- UK CEOP - Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre contact form - they now have an encrypted form to protect the Sensitive Personal Data, after a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office
- UK Crimestoppers - UK Contact Crimestoppers Online
- UK Home Office - CITRU - UK Home Office - Counter Terrorism Internet Referral Unit - reporting terrorist and extremist material online - innovative secure submission progress feedback system, spoilt by use of external Google Re-Captcha
- UK Met Police Anti-Terrorist Hotline - UK London Metropolitan Police - Confidential Anti-Terrorist Hotline
- UK Secret Intelligence Service MI6 -Secret Intelligence Service MI6 - Contact us form
- UK Security Service MI5 - UK Security Service MI5 - Reporting Suspected Threats
- UK Security Service MI5 - UK Security Service MI5 - How You Can Help - Arabic
- UK Security Service MI5 - UK Security Service MI5 - How You Can Help - Welsh
- USA Central Intelligence Agency - USA Central Intelligence Agency - English
- USA Central Intelligence Agency - USA Central Intelligence Agency - non-English
- USA Customs & Border Protection - e-allegations - - USA CBP - e-allegations - Online Trade Violation Reporting System
- USA Federal Bureau of Investigation - USA secure FBI tips and public leads submission form - see also the Financial Whistle Blowing section below
Privacy Commissioners etc.
- UK Government Tax Whistleblowing - UK Government Tax Whistleblowing
- USA Government Tax Whistleblowing - USA IRS Tax Whistleblowing
- Jamaica Government Tax Whistleblowing - Jamaica Government Tax Whistleblowing Hotline
Financial Whistle Blowing
- FSA - UK FSA Whistleblowing
- SFO - UK confidential international fraud reporting
- USA Securities and Exchange Commission - SEC Whistleblower Program Under Dodd-Frank Act
- EU competition commissioner - snail mail and unsecured e-mail contact details (Leniency policy unsecured FAX contact details)
- OLAF - European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF) Fraud Notification System Whistleblowing and Anonymous Fraud Reporting in the European Union. (N.B. freephone telephone numbers in 27 countries)
Whistle Blowing for Censorship and Net Neutrality
- RespectMyNet - Respect MyNet, Net Neutrality abuse reporting from La Quadrature Du Net
- MobileCensorshipReporting - Mobile Censorship Reporting from Open Rights Group
Leak friendly websites
Websites which have a specific topic, audience and editorial position and as part of their reporting have frequently published high level unpublished documents
- FAS Secrecy News - USA Federation of American Scientists - Secrecy News blog established 2000 (mailinglist archive)
- Statewatch - European Statewatch website established 1991
- Global Witness - globalwitness.org
- ArmscontrolWonk - the Arms Control Wonk blog
- Metaleaks - Metaleaks Whistleblowing platforms aggregator Established in 2011, Metaleaks collects and reindex thousands of leaked documents coming from multiple sources.
Public, USA FOIA and/or historical document release sites
- USA National Security Archive The George Washington University national security archive
- USA Government Attic - FOIA focused website, includes FOIA requested records of FOIA request
- What Do They Know UK-Based FOIA request and archive site
Leak Site ideas
Add here links to the pages containing your ideas for a Leak site. You may be lucky enough that somebody will come along and do it :).
-  Microsoft reporting of counterfeit software.
Sites about whistleblowing and leaking
Leak Support Sites
Sites that support leaking in the editing and publishing processes, providing news, commentary or other stuff
- WLCentral - WikiLeaks Central website
- CrowdLeaks - CrowdLeaks website
- WikiLeak.org blog - WikiLeak.org blog
- Mathaba News Agency - Mathaba.Net
- CableSearch - CableSearch website
- CablegateSearch - CablegateSearch website
- Global Whistle Blog - GlobalWhistle website
- Decrypted Matrix - Decrypted Matrix Ad-Free Truth Seekers Archive. Crack The Pyramid Control System - Unplug Yourself
- HackDemocracy - HackDemocracy Bruxelles Website
- Hints and Tips for Whistleblowers - ht4w.co.uk website - Technical Hints and Tips for protecting the anonymity of sources for Whistleblowers, Investigative Journalists, Campaign Activists and Political Bloggers etc.
- The Whistleblower's Handbook - The Whistleblower's Handbook (PDF 1.6MB) 89 pages - Brian Martin, The Whistleblower's Handbook: How to Be an Effective Resister
- Libreleaks.org - Libreleaks.org website
- Pistaljka - Serbian Whistleblowing Site
Sites Commenting Leaks
- Tunileaks - TunisiaLeaks website
- ThaiCables - ThaiCables website
- Rospil Russian Leaks - Rospil Russian Website
Whistle Blowing Organizations
Organizations around the world that support Whistleblowing by promoting it as a transparency practice is public and private sector.
- Transparency International Whistleblowers support website
- SpeakUp.ie - SpeakUp.ie - Transparency International Ireland Helpline (phone and hushmail secure dropbox)
- German Whistleblower-Netzwerk e.V.
- Whistleblowing Austria
- Canadian For Accountability NGO website
- Canadian Federal Accountability Initiative for Reform (FAIR)
- USA Official Whistleblower Protection Program website
- USA National Whistleblower Center, Government Accountability Project
- Transparency International Switzerland Whistleblowing Political Activity
- WhistleBlowing.it A Transparency International Italy WhistleBlowing Projects
- The international "publish what you pay" movement for mining, oil and other extractive industries. Supports whistle blowing through revenuewatch.org
- Global Integrity Report Open-source metrics, indicators, and techniques for assessing transparent and accountable government. Strong whistleblowing protection law considered as an effective anti-corruption framework.
- Australian Whistleblower Association
- South Africa Open Democracy Advice Center
- International Chamber of Commerce Whistleblowing Initiative
- Public Concern at Work - UK Public Concern at Work NGO and legal advice centre set up in 1993 to address public interest whistleblowing: a) confidential advice to whistleblowers b) policy & campaigning c) public education (throughout UK, and to law/policy makers and all employers)
- WhistleBlowersUK - WhistleBlowers UK- Whistleblowers UK (WBUK) is an organisation of whistleblowers and their supporters, established to provide advice and support to those who are considering acting on their conscience.
Whistle Blowing Consulting Businesses
Organization that do business related to WhistleBlowing and leaking (Consulting, Services, Press Agency middle men etc).
- WhistleBlower Lawyers - SEC Whistleblower Attorney
- UK Whistle Blowers Press Agency Ltd - - UK Whistle Blowers Press Agency Ltd - secure Contact web form
- My Whistleblower Rights - - MyWhistleBlower Rights Confidentially report Corruption and Bribery Law Consulting
- Whistleblower Justice Network - Whistleblower Justice Network WJN was established to help guide and support whistleblowers navigating various types of fraud.
Whistle Blowing Hot Line Services
Charity and Profit organization that provide to public agencies and private corporation hotline services for whistleblowing in order to outsource the internal reporting service.
- Public Concern at Work - UK Public Concern at Work A leading authority on making public interest whistleblowing work. Provide training, consultancy, audit support and access to advice line for organisations wanting to ensure they provide their staff a real alternative to silence.
- WhistleBlow Direct - WhistleBlowing Direct Hotline service for Health Care and Social Care
- ExpoLink - Expolink Whistleblowing Hotline
Whistle Blowing Software as a Service
The commercial services are typically known as Whistleblowing reporting systems, or anonymous internet reporting systems.
- WhistleBlower Security Inc - Company website. Look also at their SaaS case management system
- UK Disclose Me - Disclose Corporate Whistle Blowing Services
- TheWatchfuli Anonymous Reporting System - TheWatchfuli Whistleblowing Services website
- MySafeWorkPlace Anonymous Reporting System - MySafeWorkPlace Whistleblowing Services website
- Swiss Corporate Whistleblowing Services and Consulting - Company Protection website
- Global Compliance SaaS phone/web whistleblowing services - Globalcompliance Website - See also their submission system (type bank to see customer list) Alert Line Whistleblowing SaaS
- Swiss Corporate Whistleblowing Services and Consulting - Company Protection website
- Disclose.com.au - Disclose.com.au Corporate Whistle Blowing Service
- ContatoSeguro.com.br - ContatoSeguro.com.br Corporate Whistle Blowing Service
Whistle Blowing Software
Software used by public and private organization to manage whistleblowing sites (We need more free software!)
- Aristotle Corporate Whistleblowing Anonymous Forum - Aristotleforum website
- ClearView Corporate Whistleblowing Software - ClearView Whistleblowing Solutions website
Open Source Whistleblowing Software
- GlobaLeaks - GlobaLeaks website - Open Source Whistleblowing Framework software project, which spawned this LeakDirectory.org wiki
- Briefkasten - BriefKasten - Simple opensource submission system
- SecureDrop - SecureDrop website (formerly DeadDrop) - Secure submission system with hardened architecture, originally developed by AaronSw, used by Forbes and The New Yorker
- Honest Appalachia - Honest Appalachia website - uses Tor Hidden Service and PGP and publishes its own Open Source documents submission website software and configuration scripts to help other similar whistleblowing projects
Whistle Blowing in Corporations
A Directory of corporations that implemented corporate transparency by implementing whistleblowing through the organization:
- Italian ENI SpA Internal WhistleBlowing Result
- Netherland KLM Financial Whistleblowing Policy
- European Investment Funds Whistleblowing Policy
- European Investment Bank Whistleblowing Policy
- Anglo American Corporation SpeakUp Website
Whistle Blowing Laws, Study and Regulations
A directory of laws, study, regulations and assessments on Whistle Blowing laws and practice in various countries.
- European Parliament - Whistleblowing Rules: Best Practice; Assessment and Revision of Rules Existing in EU Institutions
- Transparency International: Alternative to Silence: Whistleblower Protection in 10 European Countries
- Bulgaria Whistleblower Protection Assessment
- Czech Republic Whistleblower Protection Assessment
- Estonia Whistleblower Protection Assessment
- Hungary Whistleblower Protection Assessment
- Ireland Whistleblower Protection Assessment
- Italy Whistleblower Protection Assessment
- Latvia Whistleblower Protection Assessment
- Lithuania Whistleblower Protection Assessment
- Romania Whistleblower Protection Assessment
- Slovakia Whistleblower Protection Assessment
- Australia Best Practice Whistleblowing Programs in Public Sector Organisations
- Ethics World - 18 Best Practices: The EU on Effective Whistleblowing Policies
- Japan Whistleblower Protection Act
- Switzerland Law proposal on whistleblowing in Francais, Deutsch and Italian
- Italian Laws on whistleblowing
- USA Texas Whistleblower Protection Act Attorney
- UK Public Internet Disclosure Act (whistleblowing law)
- French WhistleBlower Guideline (by Commission nationale de l'informatique)
- USA Sarbanes-Oxley Section 301: Whistleblower provisions
- UK British Standard Whistleblowing Arrangements Code of Practice
- USA Boston University: Beyond Protection - Invigorating Incentives for Sarbanes-Oxley corporate and Securities Fraud Whistleblowers
- Protecting the Whistleblowers–Asian and European Perspectives (International Anti Corruption Conference)
Whistle Blowing Cases
- USA Some Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblowing Cases
- USA, US Qui Tam, Canada, Australia, EU Whistleblowing Cases (Caslon Analytics)
Possibly Defunct/Dead websites
- internalmemos.com Part of the fuckedcompany coverage of the internet bubble collapse. All of the 2002-2007 memos not behind the paywall are available from the internet archive highlights include:
- The Memory Hole 2003-2010 project, Archive available
- Thai Leaks - Thai Leaks website
- LocalLeaks.tk - LocalLeaks.tk website - now blocked by .tk domain registry
- HackerLeaks.tk - HackerLeaks.tk website Website down as of 9 Nov 2011
- PornWikiLeaks - Porn WikiLeaks website- now points to an adult film industry job website
- blackfridaywikileaks.com - Blackfriday wikileaks America - WordPress blog with no entries since June 2011, full of Google Analytics, Quantserve etc. visitor tracking, no encryption etc.
- BrusselsLeaks - BrusselsLeaks website
Encryption / Anonymity infrastructure services/ software used by some Whistleblower Sites
- Tor - Tor project - encrypted anonymity router cloud - Tor Hidden Services and anonymised web browsing / web form submission (N.B. caveats)
- I2P - I2P - anonymous network - I2P eepsite
- PrivacyBox.de - PrivacyBox.de - encrypted contact web forms also via Tor and I2P
- Hushmail Forms - Hush Secure Forms - encrypted contact web forms
- GPG - Gnu Privacy Guard - open source Pretty Good Privacy compatible Public Key Encryption and Digital Signature cryptographic software
- TrueCrypt- TrueCrypt - open source, multi-platform file, hard disk and USB memory device etc. strong encryption
- CounterMail.com - CounterMail - encrypted email and forms, can provide free premium accounts for whistleblower sites
- Bitmessage - Bitmessage] easy to use anonymous encrypted e-mail system
Here misc stuff on Leak Directory initiative
Leak Directory backup wiki
A spam protected backup wiki mirror of this website is available at:
External opinions/reportage on LeakDirectory
LeakDirectory workshop at 28C3 Chaos Computer Congress
There will be a workshop about the LeakDirectory project at the
28C3: Behind Enemy Lines 28th Chaos Communication Congress December 27th to 30th, 2011 Berliner Congress Center, Berlin, Germany,
SocialHacking LeakDirectory Social Hacking
We will give an overview of what whistle blowing is and how it can be applied a wide array of different situations. Hopefully by the end of the workshop you will understand that whistle blowing is a fundamental tool for a democratic and transparent society.
We will focus in particular on the Leakdirectory Project, a shared crowd based initiative to represent most of the world of whistleblowing with the goal to became a reference for all the whistleblowing initiatives.
The Leakdirectory Project
Overview of the Whistleblowing World
Results of research on whistleblowing world
Evaluating Whistleblowing Sites
The future scope of LeakDirectory
Date: Day 2 - 2011-12-28 Wed